Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Blog Comment Fairy

A number of years ago, two middle aged sisters, known as the Parking Fairies, donned pink tutus, tiaras, and wands and danced along downtown Anchorage streets putting money into parking meters just ahead of the police. It was their way of protesting overly strict enforcement and making someone's day a little better.

As I've started blogging and checking out other blogs, and considered how many blogs are out there that hardly ever get a comment, I've taken the parking fairies as my role models, and started making comments as I surf Next Blog. But I only comment on blogs that I like for one reason or another. And I hope people's day is a little brighter when they see someone has been by and left a note - sort of like finding out someone put a quarter in your meter just ahead of the meter reader. Sorry, couldn't find any pictures of the parking fairies on the web - it was either the real thing or nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.