Monday, February 26, 2007

Yellow Polo Shirts

At Chinese New years in Korat, almost everyone had on a yellow polo type shirt with a royal emblem on the chest. I thought it had something to do with Chinese New Years, but when we went back to Bangkok, I saw the same shirts all over. So I finally asked. These shirts celebrate the King's 60th year on the throne (last year) and his 80 th Birthday (this year). They are everywhere. And I thought maybe I should get one. Just before we went into the restaurant for dinner tonight, I saw some for sale and mentioned it to Mook. When Sutin and his wife came, they had presents for us - two yellow tshirts. Of course this post should have picture, but I'm not on a machine I can download my pictures on. So that will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.