Friday, August 03, 2007

Wales 9 - A Sunny Stop in Nome

The Bering Air van took us downtown (we walked back later for our flight, about 30 minutes) and the sun was shining bright and the beach is just behind the buildings on the main street. I slipped over the rocks protecting town from the ocean and stretched out in the warm (oh, high 60s, low 70s I'd guess) sun. The water was sparkling. I wondered whether my trunks were in my day pack. They were. How often are you at the beach near the Arctic Cirle on a warm day with the water so inviting? I slipped into my trunks and went to test the water. It really wasn't all that cold - it's felt colder in LA - but the surf wasn't good enough to tempt me to go in further than my knees.







Then we walked through downtown with views of the beach to our right. Stopped in the library to check e-mail.






Then continued til we were out of town










On the way back, I took these pictures of houses on the main street that face toward the beach - and the sun that day.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.