Friday, December 07, 2007

AIFF - Thursday Night Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts was a collection of short films. I wrote a little about them in the previous post. But I didn't write about "The Grass Grows Green" which you can see is well filmed. It's the story of two Marine recruiters on the day they learn one of the men they recruited had been killed in Iraq. While I liked most everything about this, the recruiters didn't ring true for me. Was it the acting? The script? Not sure. Besides, how many Marine recruiters do I know? Something didn't seem right about their roles for me. There was one more film in this showing - The Worlds Most Fabulous Object - but we came in partway after Crossing Alaska with Horses from the Fireweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.