Friday, January 04, 2008

A Short Post - things people search

A good friend complained a couple days ago that my posts were too long to read. So here's a short one while I work on another long one.

As I look through the sitemeter reports on who visits the blog, one thing I get to see is what terms they put in the search engine (if that's how they got here.) Here are a couple recent ones that I couldn't help but wonder about.

Dec. 31, 2007
  • "the last 5 times winter solstice happened"
  • "what do people from sierra leone look like"
I'll let you ponder what they were trying to find out. They actually could get answers to those questions on this blog.

On the last day of 2007 I also got what I think was my first hit from someone in Iran.


Jan 1, 2008

  • "how do i know if my insurance will cover an abortion"

Now this doesn't sound like a happy story and I'm afraid this blog didn't have any answers for this one.

Today I went quickly through the last 100 hits to see what pages they went to on the blog. Victor Lebow has been the most popular subject for the last few days. One Lebow googler has University of California Office of the President as the ISP.

Lebow posts - 12
Anchorage International Film Festival - 10
People born in 1908 - 6
Solstice - 3
Dan Fagan - 2
Leslie Gallant - 2 (Alaska State Medical Board)
Maytag A207 -2
Kohring Trial Leftovers - 2
Cruise Lines - 2
Eight others had one hit each.
The rest went to the main blog page or to archived pages from Google image searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.