Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sold Out, Anthony's Arm, Moving Conversation


J and Kona walked me down to the Alliance Francias where the movie was going to be. J stayed outside with the dog and pointed out Anthony, a classmate, to me. I introduced myself. And he pointed to the sign on the counter.

that said that Persepolis was sold out. When Judith came we decided to go to Orchard Road to get something to eat and to chat.

J and I were good with gelato. But Judith hadn't eaten so she and Anthony went upstairs to find some food while we waited downstairs. Kona does tend to attract attention. I wish I could just video the looks on people's faces as they see her.

This lady has a Maltese and couldn't resist stopping, stroking Kona, and talking about her dog.

Then we ate and talked. People were waiting for seats.
So we moved and continued to talk. But people were smoking near us so we moved our convesation once again.

And then we decided it was time to head home.


I want to say that while Anthony's tattoo is striking, I'm afraid the picture above makes too much of it. It's part of him, but as we talked, it's not who he is, and I'm afraid my picture makes the tattoo dominate who he is. So I'm adding this little extra note.

1 comment:

  1. I know a woman who tatted her shoulder. Her ex husband was a military officer with control issues. She'd teased him that she wanted a tattoo and he got very serious, "You are my wife and I am a military officer! You may not have a tattoo for people will think bad thoughts of me." She called herself a COWtess (Commissioned Officer's Wife) and tried to handle it but then one day she couldn't handle his antics any more and she found a lawyer, got her ducks in a row and got a tattoo. She wanted a tiger with blood in it's mouth on her chest but Miss Judy at Larry Alen's studio in Anchorage knew this was to her and told her how much she loved doing humming birds and morning glories, a much less expensive and less creative one that the COWtess could handle, and she insisted on doing it a week later. The COWtess still wanted it and was clueless about the saintly tattoo artist's intentions to protect her from herself. She got it and once her husband saw that it was real he told her to call a plastic surgeon at which point she handed him the divorce papers. Her kids were at my apartment with me when this happened and she left her husband and got another one before she picked them up.

    Her ex husband married a self righteous woman who was tatt-free until this woman picked up her children and she saw it on her shoulder.The new wife felt competition with the former and asked the kids, two pre-teens who couldn't stand her or their father, who told her how much he loved it because it showed their mother to be "wild and fun." She got one to surprise their father. (heh heh!)

    Tattoos are not who someone is, but they spend a lot of thought and money on them and symbolize many things. Anthony probably doesn't mind that you make the tattoo look bigger than life!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.