Monday, May 19, 2008

The Price for Lunch with an Alaskan Politician

At Sunday night's Shining Lights dinner, Temple Beth Sholom's annual award dinner, which this year honored Anchorage School Superintendent Carol Comeau (I'll do more on this later) there was a silent auction. Among the many, many items up for auction were (separate of course) lunches with Mayor Mark Begich and with Senator Ted Stevens.

I got there just as bidding had closed.
$125 was bid for lunch with Ted Stevens. I'm pretty sure this was the final bid. A person was circling the final bids on each item and was a few items away from this one when I got this picture.
She'd already circled the Mark Begich lunch for $250 when I got to it a few seconds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.