Saturday, September 20, 2008

Laughing til it hurt - Aasif Mandvi in Anchorage

Friends suggested we join them at UAA* last night to hear the Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi. As a cable-less household member, I only get to see the Daily Show when at friends' homes or on YouTube. So I wasn't prepared for this guy.


The first time he approached politics, he mentioned that (paraphrasing) 'you guys are getting a lot of attention these days .... well, I think Gravel is great too."

Later he mentioned that he's here and he's looked really hard, but "you just can't see Russia from here."

At the end, some of the people asking questions seemed either like shils or like they were auditioning. The combination of their questions and his responses had me laughing so hard it hurt, literally.



*University of Alaska Anchorage

4 comments:

  1. Well I know that guy, I mean I have seen Daily Show. He is kind of humorous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a little more humor try this one too:
    http://akrobotics.com/films/sarah-palin-awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you happen to capture the audience comments? Those would have been gold to have on video. What a crazy group. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ropi, I'd never seen him so it was all a very pleasant surprise.

    Anonymous, you're close to being spam (barely relevant content with a link elsewhere), but I like AKRobotics (and they are Alaskans) so I'll leave it.

    Sag, I think I ran out of memory by then. And I was laughing too hard at the end. It's hard to catch the right snippets when you have no idea what is coming up next. I think the part about getting responses when you interview is good advice for all interviewers.

    I also don't want to give away too much for his future audiences. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.