Monday, September 15, 2008

Unlocking My New Canon SD790

While waiting in the Carr's Muldoon parking lot Sunday night to carpool to Wasilla, I fiddled around with my camera as I tried to figure out how to get to the features I was used to on the old camera. Then suddenly, I got one. But how did I get there. Fiddled some more until I finally opened it. It was like one of those Chinese puzzle boxes.

OK, this picture isn't too good. How do you take a picture of the back of your camera? Luckily, I still have Scott's camera. But I didn't know how to do closeups with it and I'm not about to learn either. This pic will do for my purposes. The arrow is pointing at the mystery ring. Eventually, I figured out I could turn the ring - clockwise or counter clockwise - and when the right icon showed up on the screen, I had to push the button in the middle of the ring. Now that I've figured it out, it's pretty cool. But the instructions just said "go to the X icon" without telling me how to use the ring. (Well, maybe if I'd started the manual at the beginning it would have told me.)

And then, voila, all the features are reachable. You can teach an old dog new tricks. So all I needed was something to take pictures of. There really is a picture anywhere you look. You just have to find it. Here are some parking lot shots as I tried out different color features while I waited.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.