Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 1 - Off and Running

It's 5:30am Anchorage time and 9:30pm here in Chiang Mai. My eyes are shutting down. So here's

a) Walk to Work, J. came with me this morning.
b. Along the way I pass the huge compound of former Premier Thaksin's Brother


Along the wall of Wat Umong.

This the massage place outside the Wat Umong entrance.











Here's my boss, Pet, and one of the more charismatic farmers, Su Kaew. Most everyone is headed to Petchabun tomrrow for five days of intensive training. That's what I'm here for isn't? So, assuming everything goes as planned, I'm headed for a long weekend visit.

At the meeting today I understood just enough to be dangerous. A lot of the words came from last yer's plan which I translated into Engolish forum

Bon's keeping her socks on inside at the afternoon. That's one way to keep warm.

Sorry, but I keep drifting off as I type. I better let the pictures speak for themselves.



In the market this evening.





On the way back from lunch at the temple, we passed this little shop with all these Free Palestine signs.

Maybe by tomorrow I'll be able to keep my eyes o0

3 comments:

  1. Well, I finally was able to cross the street back to my place instead of going to work-- the buses were cancelled just as mine showed within 100 feet and 1 hour late (and then slid around)-- those pictures make me long for Fiji

    ReplyDelete
  2. the new captcha is not showing in FF, unless I open the frame in a new tab. Then I forget what the comment was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mpb - not sure what you mean about the captch and FF. Working ok in Mac with Firefox.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.