Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Headed to Petchabun

Most of the folks in my office are headed to an NGO (non-governmental organization) meeting for five days in Petchabun, so I'm going along. Not at all sure what to expect. This will be basically a Thai thing, there will be some of the farmers the organization works with there too. I have no idea where we will stay, but I know things will work out. J is staying in Chiang Mai and they were very cautious in inviting me because they know J gets car sick on windy mountain roads, but J said to go. Otherwise almost no one is in the office. We'll hae lots of time for me to catch up on what they are working on and how I fit in.

Click the link for a map of Thailand. Chiang Mai is below the MAR in MYANMAR - top of the map, left. Petchabun is above the LAND of THAILAND top, middle.

The meeting yesterday afternoon was interesting as I sat there trying to understand. I had learned a lot of the vocabulary they use last year and so that was helpful, but I wasn't sure about how the terms were connected. My mind tried to fill in the blanks. I knew what they were talking about - gathering information, updating planning documents with the farmer communities, but I wasn't quite sure what the issues were. I had to ask after when Eaw was driving me back to the apartment with all the kitchen and other household stuff we'd stored with them (two small boxes.)

So, I'm going to leave my computer with J so she can use it. I don't think there will be internet connetions where we go. If there is, I'll use someone else's computer. So it could be quiet here for a several days.

Meanwhile, for Anchorage folks, there may be interesting developments in the Stevens case. I'm getting some intriguing google searches from Washington DC that are landing on the post about the 'whistleblower'. Maybe someone has seen the Prosecution's response to what the Defense has submitted to Judge Sullivan.

I just looked at last nights post. I see the text isn't coordinated with the pictures. Sorry. I literally fell asleep several times while posting. But I got a good night's sleep. And we didn't leave the sliding glass doors open all the way last night so it isn't so chilly in here this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.