Thursday, March 12, 2009

Organic Strawberry Smoothies

Today, Swe took J and me to a little coffee shop - Nada - nearby for organic strawberry smoothies. The strawberries were grown in his village.


Yesterday we talked to our friend Jeremy in Anchorage via Skype. So Swe had to practice his English with someone new. He also helped me to translate the words I had trouble with in a video I want to post.


This is Nada making another smoothie.

So today, Swe had downloaded Skype onto his computer and we practiced using it. While we were doing that, my daughter skyped us from Seattle. In less than a month, Swe will be in Japan at the Asian Rural Institute and will have to speak English most of the time.

2 comments:

  1. I am conservative. I stick to mineral water and tea. It works for me, I don't need to try anything else.
    (If you ask yes, I have drank alcohol, I have drank coke but I drink both rarely)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve.. this is Peter Ractham. My mom is not doing so well. She's in bkk now. I am not sure if you would have a chance to visit her. She's not terminal or anything, but I'm sure she'd be glad to hear/see you.

    You can reach me at peter.racthamATgmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.