Sunday, June 07, 2009

Enjoying the Garden


More flowers starting to bloom. There are two different plants with white geranium blossoms.














The flax looks like such a fragile flower, but it blooms all summer. Tiny blue flowers that close up at night and bounce in the wind. And they come back year after year.




We used to have generic lattice below the deck behind the planters. But it gradually broke apart over the years and I wanted something more natural. In China I saw rural fences made of small branches and twigs. I had lots of branches piled in the back - some from a tree that fell into our yard a few years ago, but also natural stuff from our own yard. I've been planning to turn it into mulch, but decided to try this instead. I think it looked better on Chinese farmland. I think they've been doing this longer than I have too. In any case, it blocks the view under the deck a bit and it will do until I can think of something better. Only the taller ones on the left are wired together (yes, they used wire in China too). The smaller ones are just sitting there until I get them wired.

I am aware that if I lived in an area vulnerable to brush fires, and even here in the middle of town, I'm not completely sure it's a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.