Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sitemeter Crash

Sitemeter, a key site that monitors traffic on websites, crashed sometime yesterday. There was a brief announcement yesterday about having 'issues' and then that disappeared too. My hits for the day were listed as zero. Same today, but now there is a new announcement:

S27 Account Holders – Update

July 2, 2009 · Comments Off

Greetings,

We had an issue with the server that you are using. We had to replace this server and restore an older backup. We recovered all of the log files and have been processing log files since yesterday morning. It will take awhile to reprocess all of the log files. If you have any questions please let us know. We apologize for the delay in displaying your statistics.

Thank you,

Sitemeter Support Team

I've been getting this service for free. I think it's time to upgrade my account and give them support for all the work they're doing to track the hits to my site. It's real clear that having all that information about how many hits and where they are coming from is great feedback for bloggers. And yes there are other ways to get it - such as Google Analytics - but I like the format of what I get from Sitemeter.

I hope things get fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.