Thursday, May 27, 2010

Millennium Park - The Bean and Gehry Concert Shell

Here's a map of the park.  It's a bit confusing because they use the names of the donors for the parts and I used the names people actually used.  So Harris Theater is the Gehry Concert Shell and the Cloud Gate is the Bean.   The Crown Fountain, which is the topic of the previous post, is in the lower right.  The flowers are from the Lurie Garden.  And the long shot of the park is from the Nichols Bridgeway but off the map to the right.  From what I can tell, North is to the left. 



This is looking at the bean (Cloud) from the south (right on the map).











This is from under the bean.  I took a video of walking to and under the bean.  I haven't had a chance to see how that came out.  If it's ok, I'll put it up after we get home. 

This is the band shell by Frank Gehry.  The next picture is further back. 





From the Nichols Bridge as we walked over to the Art Institute.

































Meadow Sage, peonies, and an unidentified bird.

The park is free, but if you come by car, it's not cheap. It was $19 for the first three hours, then $2 for the fourth hour.

[UPDATE:  I've corrected my inexcusable misspellings of Gehry's name.  Just suprised no one corrected me earlier.]]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.