Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Alaska Vanity

Some of these are more scrutable than others.
























This is a great government program. People are actually willing to spend more than they have to for a license plate. All these people are adding to the state's coffers voluntarily. And not all plates cost the same.  From the DMV website:

And there are a few rules:


Plate Restrictions:
What you CAN USE on a personalized license plate:
  • Letters A to Z

  • Numbers 0 to 9

  • Spaces

  • What you CANNOT USE on a personalized license plate:
  • Ham radio call signs

  • Special symbols such as -, #, %, &, etc.

  • Duplicates of active personalized plates

  • Ethnic, racial, vulgar, or indecent connotations

  • 4 comments:

    1. I could find better things to spend money on.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I threatened to get vanity plates that spell VITB12 to keep the kids from asking to borrow my tank, but they said that the car seats do that.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I deleted photos which were bad. I didn't ask out anyone. I was asked out. :) I wanted to use Chopin, but I had problems with the music and editing it.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Ropi's responding to a comment I made on his blog about his trip to Poland.

      ReplyDelete

    Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.