Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mushroom Run

After I finally put up a post about all the rain on Saturday, the sun was out Sunday.  So I really had no more excuses for not doing a run.  Besides, I figured there'd be lots of mushrooms. 

There were.   This one looked like a golf ball on the moss. 




They were all over the place but I was supposed to be running so I limited my stops to take pictures to within ten feet of the trail.













This one was just emerging.















This one is clearly a young amanita before it opens and looks like a pizza.






















I'm not sure what made these markings, but they rubbed off, so they weren't part of the mushroom itself. 












Here you can see these mushrooms all over the place.  Those white spots in the back left is a long line of mushrooms too.














And while most attention is on road construction during the summer, at least one of the bike trails got new surfacing as well.  This is along Northern Lights just east of Goose Lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.