Monday, August 02, 2010

Resurrection Trail Flowers, Mushrooms, Bugs Near Hope

My book club met this weekend in Hope.  I'll post on that later, but on the way home I checked out the first mile and a half of the Resurrection Trail which I haven't been on for years.  Here are some of the things I saw.





As much as I encourage biking, I'm not amused by bikes that leave ruts on trails.  Even without bikes here, there are muddy spots.  But the bikes make it much worse. 

Monk's Hood






I'm assuming this is a type of puffball. 



Devil's Club




Some sort of fly on the tiny yarrow flowers.





Do I need to say this is a fireweed flower?  Well, not everyone knows.


And here's my dirty windshield with Alaska in the background.  
Headed north toward Portage.  There wasn't a lot of blue, but some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.