Monday, May 30, 2011

Garden Blooms and Bugs

Star Flower Visitor
These dime-sized white flowers are so small that I didn't see the yellow stamens until I enlarged the image.


Phlox

High bush cranberry flowers


High bush cranberry flowers closer


Jonquil Calisthenics

Jonquil from behind (but then front and back are arbitrary, aren't they?)




Image from AlaskaNaturalist




I'm not sure what this green and brown beetle is, but I realized recently that it's time to find an Alaskan insect book, and trying to figure out what this critter is inspired me to find such a book.  The Kenai Watershed Forum website says they are available in Anchorage at Title Wave and the Natural History Museum.  The website has locations in Fairbanks, Soldotna, Eagle River, Homer, and Whitehorse. 

Now don't go out and buy these all up before I get one.

1 comment:

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.