Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life is Good - MacHaus Replaced the Mac Keyboard, Trackpad, and Top Case Free

It's almost like having a new computer.  The cursor isn't skipping around, and everything I can see and feel as I type is new except the screen.  As I mentioned earlier, Apple acknowledged the cracks along the edge of the top case [that's the part that surrounds the keyboard and is the top of the case that houses the hard drive] as a design flaw.  My computer is about four years old now, but it was still covered.  I brought it in about noon and they had the parts and called about 5pm to say it was ready for pick up. 

So, if you have a Macbook, and there's a crack in the plastic case along the edge, you might take it to a local Apple dealer and see if it is covered for repairs.  I really wasn't looking forward to dealing with the cursor problems, but I was very pleasantly surprised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.