Thursday, October 03, 2013

Generally Not Seen In Anchorage

I rode my bike down to the beach and did some errands on the way like depositing a check for my mom at her bank.  Here are a few things I saw that you won't see (generally in some cases, or ever in other cases) in Anchorage.


I'm not sure how long this bumper sticker would last on someone's car in Anchorage.  We have quite a few of that ilk that's rabidly anti-Obamacare and would tear down the US government just to stop the program.   If they couldn't get at the government, what might they do you your car instead?


Just under a dozen pelicans over Santa Monica beach.






A new Tesla Model S.   The Tesla website says about this all electric car:

"At the base price of $62,400, including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, Model S comes equipped with a 60 kWh battery, 19” wheels, black textile and synthetic leather interior, 17” touchscreen, seven speaker sound system with AM/FM/HD radio, mobile connector, and a J1772 charging adapter."







I don't think we (in Anchorage) have any Municipal Beach and Harbor trucks and just a few artificial palms outside here and there. 

























We do have food trucks, but not collections of diverse food trucks like this lunch rally:  Cousins Maine LobsterGreat American Burger Calbi Tacos; Sanjay Patel's Bollywood Bites;   Son of a Bun; and Luckdish Curry.   And there were more trucks on the right and behind me. 


 Blick is a great art materials store my son introduced me to in San Francisco.

2 comments:

  1. You are making me homesick for my home state. I'm existing here in the reddest, most virulently anti- anything Obama, aggressively anti-intellectual corner of Oregon and I just want to go home - which is at least one year away.
    But, keep the posts coming. I enjoy your blog.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see those pelicans and food trucks all the time and work about 100ft from a guy who owns a Tesla.

    Sorry you are homesick, Jess. I was too when I lived in NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.