Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"I had never planned to become a savanna baboon when I grew up; instead, I had always assumed I would become a mountain gorilla."

That's the second sentence of Robert Sapolsky's A Primate's Memoir.   They make lists of great first sentences of books, but the second line here is better.  For the record, the first line is "I joined the baboon troop during my twenty-first year."

You can find out more about Sapolsky and the book here.   


[UPDATE:  here are two more posts I did based on this book:

Did you realize that gnu dung is a palindrome?

Thank You - Another Culture Where It's Not Used So Much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.